Email HR Manager with resume: email@example.com
GS Industries of Bassett, Ltd. an injection molding company that produces custom and proprietary products located in Bassett, VA. We are looking for a Plant Accountant
to handle all of the Accounting/Finance and cost accounting functions. This individual will have a great amount of ownership, exposure to the business and a wide variety of
tasks. They will collaborate with different areas of the business including sales, tooling and manufacturing.
- The Accountant assists the General Manager to ensure the Plant has appropriate processes in place to control costs and provide good, sound financial controls.
- Excellent understanding of inventory and standard cost in an ERP software environment a MUST.
- Strong Analytical skills and extensive use of Excel and pivot tables a MUST.
- Responsible for bills of materials, standard costs and production analysis against standards.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and quality of all financial information.
- Responsible for ledger, month end close using ERP system, month analysis, preparation of financial statements, annual forecast.
- Preparation, tracking and reviewing of journal entries.
- Account analysis and reconciliation during closing, as required.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, balance sheets, general ledgers and other financial records involving fixed assets, accounts payables, and inventories which include raw materials, finished goods and work in process.
- Accumulates, interprets and evaluates plant production and shipping data required to develop standard cost and/or efficiency measures.
- Variance analysis forecasting and actual performance reporting to Plant and corporate management.
- Participates in the development of plant budgets and standard cost.
- Partners with plant to evaluate capital projects and related cost/benefit.
- Production reporting balancing, auditing and verification - consults with plant management in all functional areas of the plant to gather information concerning production, inventories, efficiencies, and plant payroll.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Complies with federal, state and local financial legal requirements by following corporate guidelines.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Operations involvement work to understand plant manufacturing process and quality variables that impact the manufacturing process.
- Provide support and assistance with annual business plan process.
- Analyze accounts and prepare schedules as requested.
- Performs other related analytical duties as required.
Bachelorís degree in Accounting or Finance; OR the equivalent training and experience which will provide a working knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices and
procedures concerned with the field of accounting.
- 2-4 years of general accounting experience (manufacturing is a plus)
- Strong analytical skills to analyze data and apply results effectively
- Excellent in Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding/experience with inventory control
- Experience with ERP software
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and demonstrate solid time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to drive and influence operations
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Comprehensive and practical knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)
GSIB is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans
are strongly encouraged to apply.
GS Industries of Bassett, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Mask are required when entering the facility & when you leave your work space, temperature checks every morning & regular Satanizing of common used spaces.