Carpet Cones and Cylinders
The greatest frustration in carpet manufacturing, perhaps? Inconsistent yarn packages that cause even the best machines to seem ready for the boneyard. The cause? Substandard carriers. For consistent packages, a carrier must be dimensionally correct, highly uniform and stable under load. Its surface finish must be optimized for even tension and tail control. It must be durable to maintain performance if reused.
Leading processors already know the Textube difference for spinning, winding, twisting, heat setting/cabling, finish winding or doubling.
Why? Consistent packages. Higher processing efficiencies and enhanced take-off performance. And the ultimate payoff…higher quality product.
THE TEXTUBE DIFFERENCE
• Precisely controlled cone and cylinder length
• Absolutely consistent inside diameter at both the base and the nose
• Lot-to-lot uniformity—absolutely critical for productivity on automated spinning frames
• Absolute dimensional stability regardless of relative humidity
• The multi-cycle durability of heavy-wall carriers
• Custom-engineered molded surfaces or finishes
• Optimized tension development, especially critical for early turns
• Improved retention—tails neither slough off too soon, nor stick too long to the carrier
• Productivity-enhancing tail transfer from package to package
Material options to engineer individual solutions
• Base resin compounds
• Impact-modified resins
• Filled resins
• Engineering grade resins
Consistent dimensional precision with high stability under load.
Think Textube...think performance
• Wide range of solid color choices
• Exclusive two-color molding capability
• Hundreds of dual color combinations
• Dual variable coding for easy identification of packages
• Code by plant, yarn weight, fiber blend, machine, etc.—any two combinations of variables
• Recycle yarn carriers best by reusing them
• Even our thin-wall carriers offer multiple cycles
• Heavy-wall carriers give many times the cycles of thin-wall
• Accepted by plastic recyclers for further cost-efficiency
Thinking performance? Think Textube. Call today for qualified assistance in improving your package quality.
Division of GS Industries of Bassett, Ltd.
85 Rosemont Road
Bassett, VA 24055